Are you looking to start a fashion blog but your budget is really tight? Have no fear my darling, I’m gonna be dropping some pointers on how you can start a blog with a tight budget and not worry about breaking the bank. I’m not going to scream blogging is cheap and glamorous…nahh it’s actually not very cheap to be a blogger especial lifestyle, fashion and beauty cos they require you to spend money but there is a way that we can work around it without breaking the bank.
If you haven’t read my blog on how to start a fashion blog, click here- HOW TO START A FASHION BLOG (PART 2). To be very honest, when I began blogging, I was a broke and jobless teenager and somehow, I managed to do it without a lot of problems. Now, we’re gonna go through some of the things that I did to help me get by when I began blogging.
- First of all, you have to be doing it for the right reasons. Not for the free stuff..I ca’t stress this enough. People have told me they’re blogging for the free stuff or so they can make blogger friends..so ridiculous. You also have to build a great brand represent it…having a (.com) website isn’t what makes your brand perfect. Your blog name could still have (.blogspot.com) and be the best ever. Put yourself out there..be creative..get discovered. Before you know it, you’re building a great audience.
- I’ve had a lot of people in my DMs telling me about how they want to start to blog but have no good camera or the right clothes. First of all, you don’t need an expensive camera to start- although it’s an advantage. Your phone camera can do a good job as long as you get the lighting right and get the right person to capture those gooodt angles. I had a small digital compact sony camera…it wasn’t the best or fanciest but it did some amazing jobs. Here are some of the pictures I took on it;
- If you still think that your pictures are not badass enough, there are some beginner photographers who are willing to collaborate with bloggers. All you need to do is send out emails or messages to different bloggers asking if they’re up for collaborating. Some are even willing to take pictures of you for a very cheap price.
- I have a saying…”it’s not what you wear but how you wear it”. I’ve seen people wear the best designer pieces and still look like they went to get them from the next charity shop. Now, as a blogger, you’re not obliged to wear fancy designers, expensive shoes, etc. Even till now, I wear clothes from Primark and some accessories I get from charity/thrift shops. What matters most is how you style it. The outfit in the pic below is under £35.
- The best trick as a blogger on a budget is to shop during sales. I love the sound of sales…I mostly shop from stores like H&M, Bershka, Zara, Topshop, Monki and Pull & Bear. Buying most of the their pieces at normal price means that i’d have to spend a lot of money at once so why don’t I spread out the cost and shop more for less? You can also find some amazing discount stores like TK Maxx where you can get designer stuffs for wayyy less than normal prices or Risky where you can find lots of clothes from Boohoo, Missguided, etc for less than £5.
- As aforementioned, building an excellent brand for yourself and putting yourself out there is important. Don’t down-play yourself and limit yourself because you think your clothes or phone or camera and not fancy or ‘instagrammable’ enough. When you present yourself well and unleash that creativity, you’ll see that brands and agencies would be interesting in working with you. Once you get to that stage, you won’t even need to worry about spending a lot of money because now, they’ll be gifted to you and you’ll even be getting paid for some of your collaborations. Click HERE to find out how you can make money from being a blogger.
I hope some of these points have been helpful enough. If you still have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to comment below or send me your messages. I’ll be more than happy to provide relevant answers. And if you have any more points to add, kindly comment below for use all to learn from.
If you haven’t, please kindly follow and subscribe to my page so you can be one of the first people to know when I drop a new post. Thank you for reading xx