If you are here, that means that you have read the first part of this post but if you haven’t, CLICK HERE to read it. On this part, I will be telling you the steps to take when starting a fashion blog and ways to network and connect yourself with like-minded bloggers/followers. You can read them below:
- KNOW& DEFINE YOUR MISSION. To begin blogging, you need to know and understand the kind of blogger you want to be; be it fashion, lifestyle, beauty or makeup. Do you want to blog for fun or do you want to use your blog as your brand? It’s up to you to decide whether you just want blogging to be a pastime or if you want to blog about your personal style, make posts about blogging events and red carpets, you want to be doing reviews, etc. Just know that the more effort you put into it, the better result you will get. It might take one minute to read someone else’s blog but remember that it must have taken the person hours to come up with it.
- CHOOSE A NAME. Once you have decided on what you want your blog to be about and who your target audience will be, it is time to choose a name that represents you and your brand. You can use your nickname, your own name or even a name of something or someone that inspires you. This name is what will represent you wherever and whenever. To make life easy for you, you can also use this name on all of your social media pages so that people can recognise and find you easily. This name should also be simple and easy so that people can easily search for you and they can be able to know your name off the top of their heads. Also, use a name you can get comfortable with and won’t get tired of. Constant name changing can be quite a hassle and it might get your users confused.
- CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORM. Here is the tricky but important part of starting a blog. If you want your blog to be professional and want to get readers and brands interested in your blog page, you need to make it look as user-friendly and as attractive/professional as you can. Getting your own domain (i.e., moving from”abc.blogspot.com” to “abc.com”) is also an excellent idea.That way, you own your name and brand.
You can decide to start blogging off a lot of sites but I will be talking about Blogger and WordPressss. If you want simplicity and less techy-techy stuff, then, Blogger is for you. With Blogger, there are some benefits you get for free that you don’t get on WordPress, like connecting your custom domain, customising your blog’s HTML, making use of really minimalistic, bespoke and premium third party themes, etc. On Blogger, you can make money very easily by using Adsense and other third-party and the Search Engine Optimisation is great. In addition, you can customise their ready-to-use templates nd you can track your traffic with google analytics.
Godaddy (click here to visit) is one of the cheapest hosting sites where you can get your own domain name. You can get “.co.uk” sites for about £8-9 for two years. YES, you read that right and it’s so easy to connect to platforms like blogger and WordPress.To connect to WordPress, you have to upgrade your WordPress account to a ‘pay monthly’ option but that that is not so with Blogger.
- GET A BADASS THEME. Remember you want your page to look very professional. So, you want to make sure you use a very pretty and easy-to-use theme. You can get some for free but the best ones are paid for while some are really cheap. For Blogger users, you can search for some free premium templates that you can use.
- START BLOGGING. After doing all the above, you can then begin to blog about whatever it is that you’ve chosen to blog about. Make sure that your posts are engaging and fun to read. Don’t bore out your readers by beating about the bush. Ask your readers questions to keep the conversation going and make sure your titles are very catchy. BE HIGH QUALITY. As a fashion blogger who wants to be seen and heard, you need your picturesto be of high quality, people often get put off by low grain pictures, as a matter of fact, some are only just interested in the pictures alone. Let your pictures speakfor you even ifyouare notwearing the trendiest of clothing.
- SHARE YOUR STUFF. Let people see you…share your stuff. don’t be shy to ask people to read your posts, don’t be shy to ask them for comments or ask your friends to help share your page. Remember that the more people see you, the more growth you get and be patient. People will see you. MAKE INSTAGRAM YOUR FRIEND. Make use of Instagram and other social platforms as much as you can, tag relevant pages in your posts, don’t over-edit, continue to connect with other bloggers and familiarise yourself with other top bloggers, learn from them and just engage others.
- NETWORK. As a blogger, you can’t just post and sit there waiting for a miracle. Connect with other bloggers all over by joining sites like BLOGLOVIN, LOOKBOOK, CHICISIMO, etc, and make sure you are active on your social media pages. Represent your brand everywhere; tell people about your blog, don’t be shy. Be confident, visit bloggers/fashion events, make friends with other like-minded people, talk about your blog, just don’t be annoying about it LOL.