- First, think of the kinds of pictures you want to be posting; selfies, full pics, aesthetics, flatlays, etc. Once you are sure, you can go ahead to plan how and where to take these pics.
- Get a good camera. Make sure that your camera has a high megapixel and the resolutions are right. You don’t need to buy a very expensive camera- your iphone camera can do the trick.
- Lighting matters. Whatever you do, make sure that there is good lighting wherever you want to take your pictures. Poor light means poor and noisy pictures. Invest in good lighting for your indoor shoots (selfie ring lights and lumee cases are excellent!). If you’re doing an outdoor shoot, make sure the day is bright and sunny and whatever camera you’re using has a good lens.
- If you want a white feed, use white backgrounds or at least open spaces with no colours in the background. That just makes editing so easy. It also gives a crisp and clear looking image result.
- DO NOT OVER EDIT! Adding too many filters make your pictures look poor. Try to make your filtering and editing subtle to not make your ictures look noisy and fake.
- Play around with different editing apps and compare which ones you like best.
- To edit my pictures, I make use of two apps; FACETUNE2 AND AIRBRUSH. I used to use other apps like VSCO (excellent for brightening up dark photos) and Snapseed (to brighten dark parts of pics and add sharpness). However, I discovered these two apps could do all of the works of all other apps put together so I decided on these instead.
I then go ahead to save it to camera roll to finish up my editing on Airbrush. One thing about this app is that it has the features of facetune and vsco cam put together, although, I use VSCO cam once ina while too. Here, I increase the whiteness further because the whiten filter on Airbrush has a bit of blue undertone to it and i like that.
- For selfies, I use the ‘freckles’ filter under the makeup section cos it gives my face this cool look that I like. I reduce the effect a bit because using too much will make it look really fake.
- afterwards, I make use of the NYC filter. The filter has a blue colour and I use it because that is the colour theme that I want for my feed. You can use any filter you want depending on the theme you’re going for.
So, below is the end result of my editing. You can clearly see the difference between the pictures. One is noisy and unedited while the other is smooth and edited.