Hey there! Welcome back to my blog and I hope you enjoy my posts. Today is gonna be all about DIY chokers. Lately,chokers have been bringing sexy back right from the 18th century when they were in vogue. Chokers are literally one of the coolest’come-back’ fashion trend and we couldn’t love them more. They also come in different kinds and materials; from fabric, to metallic and even pearls and diamonds. Now, if you want to find out how to make your own fabric choker, stay tuned…..
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A pair of scissors
- Tape measure
- Pins (optional)
- Press buttons, or chain hooks/eyelets
- Your material e.g., ankara fabric
- Sewing machine or thread & needle if you don’t have a sewing machine
LET’S GET STARTED:
- Firstly, with the tape measure,measure around your neck and add about an inch so that it’s not too tight. If you are using a stretch fabric,then it may not be necessary.
- Mark out the measurement on your fabric and cut it out. Please remember to ensure that the fabric is wide enough so that you can fold it into three.
- Fold the fabric into three or four,depending on how you want it to look. NOTE: as a bonus,you can fold the edge in a little when sewing so that it can look neater and the thread marks don’t show & you have to use thread that matches the colour of your fabric.
- With your sewing machine or needle & thread, sew up the folded edge. Remember to reverse stitch.
- Now, fold in both ends of the piece and sew up again
- Finally, place the piece around your neck to make sure it fits and to mark the point where you wan to attach the press button. mark the points and use your needle and thread to sew it. VOILA! All done and your are good to go! EASY!!!
That’s it guys…easy as A..B..C.. Thank you for reading and don’t forget to leave your email in the’get updated’ box…if you liked this, please leave your comments below and be sure to send a pic to me or
tag @abbienaija on instagram.